The U.S. Soccer Foundation is currently inviting Letters of Inquiry from eligible organizations for its Safe Places to Play program, providing funding for the building or enhancement of community field space of up to $200,000 for underserved youth. This money may be used for lighting, installing, and/or irrigating field surfaces.
- Must be programs or projects based in the U.S.
- Must be 501(c)(3) nonprofits, schools, colleges, universities, municipalities, or sovereign tribal nations
- Must apply as or on behalf of a field-building project
- Must own or possess a 10 year land lease or use agreement where the field building takes place
- Must have written community authorization for installing lights, if lighting is to be installed.
For the current round of funding, the deadline for letters of inquiry is February 1, 2014. Selected applicants will then be invited to submit full applications. For application materials and information about past funded projects, please see the U.S. Soccer Foundation’s grants Web page.