The Minnesota Timberwolves basketball team’s FastBreak Foundation has announced that it will accept applications from nonprofits for the 2012-2013 season. From October 2012 to April 2013, the FastBreak Foundation will award a $5,000 grant each month based on each of the following themes:
- New Season, New Beginnings (Organizations offering new opportunities or directions for youth);
- Operation Minnesota Heroes (Organizations that support Minnesota military personnel and their families);
- Season of Giving (Organizations serving families in need during the holiday season);
- WolvesCare (Organizations supporting children who are fighting life-threatening illnesses);
- WolvesFit (Organizations supporting health and fitness for youth);
- Read to Achieve (Organizations focused on literacy and encouraging a life-long love of reading); and
- Wolves Think Green (Organizations that work to improve and restore the environment).
In addition to the grant, winners will receive tickets for and a public address announcement during a game.
For more information and to download an application, please visit the Wolves FastBreak Foundation webpage.